Assisting Mature Persons with Employment Development
Skills Training for Employment for Older Workers (ages 50 – 64 +)
This Workforce Development Agreement program is funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, and is intended to assist unemployed or precariously employed older workers to build skills and increase employability.
AMPED is a hybrid (group-based and semi-independent) program with two streams available. A 10-week cohort-based program offered twice per year for six participants and Semi-independent program with an Employment Coach/Job Developer for up to 24 participants in the first year.
#3 April 2020
#4 November 2020
Download the Application for AMPED
Applications for AMPED may be submitted in-person to INEO Employment Services 4908 Argyle Street or via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. INEO will screen applicants through an interview process and select participants based on eligibility, need and fit for each stream.
Who may be eligible?
- Individuals who are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Between the ages of 50 - 64+ (exceptions will be considered for younger applicants even though they are welcome to apply for DUAL)
- Requiring skills needed for successful integration or re-integration into employment
- Living in or near the Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District.
Would you like to get back to work?
It is important to consider the advantages of working past the age of 65 from a financial and personal perspective. Some people with disabilities may not have a choice in the matter. However, an increasing number of senior citizens retain their health well into old age, and they will have options galore when it comes to working."
What's the program content like?
8 weeks In-Class (Assessments, Life & Employability Skills, Guest Speakers, Certificate Training, and Employment Coaching). Four days per week – with an average of 25 hours per week in-class (4 days) and 1 hour per week with an Employment Coach/Job Developer.
2 Weeks of the unpaid work experience:
The Employment Coach / Job Developer works with participants to connect them with employment opportunities that match their skills and abilities. The priority is to connect with employers who are willing to hire AMPED participants and may consider a wage-subsidy.
- Classes are flexible in curriculum to meet the needs of the participants.
- Certificate Training (PEAK & First Aid) will be provided to the whole group during a 2-week period at the end of the in-class portion.
- A Goal Oriented Action-plan for Labour market attachment (GOAL) is developed during class participation time
- Guest speakers (identified by group in cooperation with facilitator)
- Weekly individual appointments are required by all participants, with more time available as needed to complete the GOALs.
Are there any participant allowances available?
- A training allowance is available for active participation during the 4-day In-class activities at a rate of $175 per week.
- Allowances are paid as a training support and considered a taxable income in accordance with Revenue Canada. MERCs will not be paid on allowances nor will EI be deducted.
- Training Allowance Payments will be administered by the INEO financial administration each Friday for 6 weeks to support the cost of attending the program.
- In-class activities and absences are monitored by a daily attendance record with sign-in both morning and afternoon, and a sum will be deducted for unexcused absences.
When's intake scheduled for each of the sessions of AMPED?
AMPED 1 – Tuesday, August 2, 2019
AMPED 2 – Monday, November 4, 2019
AMPED 3 – Tuesday, April 14, 2020
AMPED 4 – Monday, November 16, 2020
Semi-Independent Program will provide continuous intake:
July 1, 2019 through to March 31, 2020 for up to 24 participants; and
April 1, 2020 through to March 31, 2021 for up to 18 participants.
Is there a follow-up process?
Follow up Activities include ‘ongoing’ support for individuals who continue to seek employment and/or self-employment. INEO will provide follow-up services to the end of contract term, June 30, 2021. INEO provides all participants with an opportunity for group and/or individual check-ins.