A fully funded skills training for employment program
Designed to support eligible individuals to learn skills and enhance employment readiness. A combination of classroom learning and hands-on work experience.
Invites individuals who are:
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada; and✓
- Living in BC; and
- Unemployed or Precariously Employed; and
- Involved with the Criminal Justice System (have been incarcerated and/or who have prior criminal justice system involvement); and
- May be experiencing housing instability, history of addiction, and substance abuse, recovering from addiction, mental health challenges, lack of social networks and connection, lack of recent work experience, limited literacy skills, low self-esteem, and/or low income.
Time Commitment? Participants can expect to spend 15 to 20 hours per week split between the classroom and the work-experience placement for a total of 12 to 16 weeks.
- Essential Skills Training
- On-the-job Training
- Pre-Employment Services and Supports
- Job Search Assistance
- Mental Health Support
- Transportation Support
- Training Allowance
- Light Lunch and Snacks
- Work Clothing and Equipment
- Disability Supports
- Goal Setting
- Employment Plans
Outcomes? Reset! supports individuals to increase confidence, determine employment skills, move farther along the continuum toward labour market attachment, and/or get a job